Sunday, October 4, 2009

14: Back to Athens...


A quiet morning with breakfast and hanging out around our room.  As always, I take a few wienies from the buffet for our booter-like pusser cat.  She's so sweet.  She usually waits for me a flight up from our patio (which is yet another 3 flights down from breakfast.  Anyway, she eats the wienies, takes some rubs, gives some purrs, grooms after the meal off course, wants to come in for a nap, but remains out on the patio. 


Easy checkout, easy bus ride to the ferry, easy upgrade to first class, and then to relax in the wide seats, 4 per section with a large table in between.  I came up and scouted the seats and got the only one with a plug for electricity.  No worries anyway, 50 seats up here, only 8 people including Lisa and I upgraded.  For a 5 hour ferry ride, well worth the expense.  And hey, this ship has free wi-fi.

So we are currently 1.5 hours out of Athens, I have been blogging and adding images since we left 2.5 hours ago.  I hope to end this soon, but I fear I don't even have enough time to do what I want and need to do. 

On the news, on TV, is the Greek parliamentary elections.  Polls just closed.  Parliament is across the street from our hotel.  I hope this won't present problems for us getting in at 9pm and trying to get to the hotel, out for a quick dinner, and to bet for the flight tomorrow.

Of our 15 day trip, one could call 4 days travel.  To from Canada, 1/2 day to Mykonos, 1/2 day to Santorini and a day back to Athens.  So it is almost like 2 days a week traveling.  Doing it by sail is the better option as I see it.  You travel, you see, you swim, and you sleep.  No pack/unpack, and no excursions to the water.  You are on the water.  If we ever return, I think it will be to sail.  But there is so much more of the world to see, especially other locals in Europe, so we'll see...  Santorini was beautiful, but we were far from the ocean atop that cliff.  A swim in the ocean was an excursion.

There may be no blog for the next day or so as wi-fi access may be spotty and/or I may be bushed and thinking watching an episode of the "Dream Season" of Dallas on my iPhone may be a more relaxing and well deserved thing to do.

Ja sas.

No comments:

Post a Comment