Friday, September 25, 2009

04: Mykonos - Trip to town


After breakfast, we hopped a bus to Mykonos town.  A town on the shore on a hill, typical Mediterranean.  Beautiful, quaint, narrow pedestrian paths, all buildings in historic times fairly new, and painted white.  Is it Korcula?  Or Hvar?  Nope.  But different, and nice, and what's not to like.  We meandered up and down, east and west, in shops, past shops, taking pictures left and right.  And all was good.  Had calamari for lunch, as I did yesterday, and plan to get as much of it as possible.  After all, this is not duck country.


Upon our return, we headed for the beach for a swim.  Because my buddy owns Nikos Taverna (great place to eat) (Lisa and I had lunch there the other day).  So free beach chairs for us.  Wayne always asks me if I mentioned him in the blog.  All last year through Croatia, everyday, did you mention me.  So here goes.  Wayne.

So we ordered a beer, "Mythos", Linda will eventually learn the name, because we are all drinking a lot of it.  And then into the - COLD - water.  Wayne dipped his toes, the rest of us swam.

For dinner Nikos' again.  I had grilled calamari this time, yummy.  And in bed by 11:00.

There are thousands of unowned dogs and cats roaming the streets of many Greek cities (Athens) and towns...

No comments:

Post a Comment